Kīlauea Volcano June 27th lava flow
HVO's daily eruption updates
include the latest info on the currently active lava flow,
as well as maps
of the flow.
2014 "Volcano Watch" Articles
Sep. 18: HVO and Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense jointly track the June 27th lava flow
Aug. 29: June 27th lava flow activity continues, so stay informed!
2014 News Releases
Aug. 22: Kīlauea lava flow northeast of Puʻu ʻŌʻō a potential concern
We encourage you to participate in the
Great Hawaii ShakeOut, an earthquake
awareness and preparedness event, on
October 16, 2014, at 10:16 a.m., HST.
This event is a great opportunity to practice
"Drop! Cover! Hold on!"—actions that will prevent or reduce injury during Hawaii's next earthquake.
Are you ready for Hawaii's next big earthquake?
The probability of a destructive magnitude-6.5 or higher earthquake striking the Hawaiian Islands in
the next 10 years is 50 percent. Are you ready for it?
"Earthquakes in Hawaii: What you need to know" provides an overview of Hawaii's long history of damaging earthquakes and what you can do to protect yourself and your family when the next one happens.
Hear more about Hawaii's earthquakes in these presentations by HVO scientists:
- "Hawaii's 'BIG' Earthquakes"
- Tuesday, October 14, 7:00 p.m.
- Sciences and Technology Building—Room 108 (Lecture Hall)
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
- "Large Earthquakes in Hawaii: What we all should know—and do"
- Wednesday, October 15, 6:30 p.m.
- Makaʻeo Pavilion, Old Kona Airport State Park, Kailua-Kona